ⓘ August Vandekerkhove
August Vandekerkhove was a Belgian writer, playwright, poet, painter and inventor. He wrote under the pseudonym S.U. Zanne. Vandekerkhove started a movement he called Cosmosofie. He said that Cosmosophy was the opposite of Theosophy. When he was young he wrote a novel and three plays. His literary work was inspired by ethics and psychology. Later he moved to Scotland, the USA and France.
In France he wrote works on kabala, esotericism and the occult. He was one of the first writers talking about subjects like feminism and the Age of Aquarius. Each year on Palm Sunday at 5 PM, at the cemetery of Flace in Macon in France, people come together to remember him.
- Freule Lauras laatste liefde Lady Lauras Last Love
- De vrouwenhater The womans hater 1865
- Een eerlijk man A Honest Man, 1870 - Reprinted in Dutch in the USA
Private editions for his disciples at less than 30 copies
- Principes et elements Cosmosophie, 1899-1906
- Doctrine Secrete, principes et elements dastrologie, 554 pages, 1900
- LAsataruth du Pfar-Isis, 1900 - Reprinted in French in Italy 2004
- Vingt-quatre cours introductoires-preparatoires aux principes et elements de Cosmosophie, 1909
- Principes et elements dEducation Cosmosophique, 1924
- Lettres des Pays de lAu-Delà, 1933
- Principes et elements de la Langue Sacree selon lAstro-Kabbale dAl Chami, 1929
- Occultisme occidental et esoterisme oriental, 1927